KiddieCorp’s service will be available to all children aged 12 or under as of the start of the convention. Child memberships costing $75 are available for all children in this age group, and include 8 hours free childcare. Additional hours are available at $10 per hour. Children aged 6 or under can alternatively attend the convention as Kids-in-Tow without paying a membership fee, but will not receive any free childcare and will be charged $10 per hour for all childcare hours that they use.
Please note that your children MUST be registered with the convention (whether with Child memberships or as Kids-in-Tow) before they can be booked into the KiddieCorp service.
The childcare service will be located in the Reno-Sparks Convention Center.
If you have any questions about the childcare service, please contact Lisa Garrison-Ragsdale, Childcare liaison, at email@example.com.
Hours of Service
The childcare service will be available during the following hours. We have included an evening service on Friday and Saturday to enable parents to attend the Masquerade and/or Hugo Award Ceremony. Please note however that under Nevada regulations, children can only receive a maximum of 10 hours childcare on any single day.
|Wednesday||9.30 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||9.30 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Friday||9.30 a.m. – 6 p.m. AND 6 p.m. - Midnight|
|Saturday||9.30 a.m. – 6 p.m. AND 6 p.m. - Midnight|
|Sunday||9.30 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
How to Book
Childcare capacity is limited and we urge parents to book all childcare hours in advance where possible, so we can ensure adequate staffing and service. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Full details of the service arrangements and how to book are available on a specific Renovation page which KiddieCorp have provided for us on their website. Parents can make bookings online or by postal mail. All booking and payment arrangements are made directly between parents and Kiddiecorp.
Click here to go to the KiddieCorp site and make an online booking or download a PDF registration form for postal bookings.
KiddieCorp Children’s Activities
KiddieCorp will be offering a wide variety of activities tailored to the different age ranges from babies through to 12 year olds. The exact program will be designed for us, but will typically include:
- Artist Alley: beaded jewelry, fun paper bag hats, colorful
collages, and more – including the child’s very own hand puppet
to take home.
- Adrenaline Rush: group games such as Simon Says, Relay
Races, Duck-Duck-Goose and Red Light Green Light,
plus playing in fun children’s tents or going through the
- Peaceful Play Land: relaxation in a quieter area, with books
for all ages and story time throughout the day. There will also be
tea sets and play food for the children who like to play grocery
store or house.
- Construction Zone: an area dedicated to blocks and Lego, plus
a Play Doh sculpting station.
- Tiny Tikes for Infants and Toddlers: the youngest children will be surrounded by tactile toys to stimulate fun and learning. There will be soft building blocks, stacking toys and activity centers, plus various ride-ons and toddler books and regular sing-a-longs with favorite nursery rhymes. To help the kids stay on their napping schedule we will do our best to have everyone settle down for a rest a couple times throughout each day.