Exhibits covers a number of activities which will be hosted in and around Hall 2 of the Convention Center.
- The Dealers' Room
- The Art Show
- Fan Tables
- Fixed Exhibits
- Special Exhibit - A Steamy Exhibit
- Special Exhibit - The Iron Throne
If you would like to reserve a fan table for your organization, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, describing what group you represent. Preference will be given to seated Worldcons, bids for future conventions, and local and regional conventions, but we will try to satisfy as many requests as possible. Please note that you will not be able to sell merchandise at fan tables, other than memberships and convention-related promotional material.
The exhibits will also include a wide range of other exhibits, some unique to Renovation and others which traditionally appear at Worldcon each year. These include:
- Guest of Honor Exhibits, which highlight the careers and work of each of our Guests.
- The Hugo Award Exhibit, featuring many actual Hugo trophies spanning the near-60 year
history of the award.
- The World Science Fiction Society (WSFS) Exhibit on the history of Worldcon - historic
photos, t-shirts, press clippings, badges and other artifacts and information.
- The Pro and Fan Galleries. These exhibits feature high quality photographs of many
leading professionals and fans, past and present.
- The Masquerade / Costume Exhibit. These exhibits let you get up close (but not quite touching distance!) with some of the fabulous costumes people have made and worn.
Inspired by the works of authors like Jules Verne and H.G Wells, and grown out of the world of science fiction, Steampunk has become a cultural phenomenon. Renovation invites you to take a moment to explore this popular offshoot of the Science Fiction genre. Steampunk seems to have an almost whimsical feeling that gives a sense of hope for a utopian future filled with simple yet ornate technology that wants to do anything but be invisible or blend in. Steampunk devices and costumes want to be seen, and always become the center of attention. Our Steampunk display will include people for you to talk to, things for you to examine and a lovely photo opportunity area for you to take pictures of yourselves or others.
Thanks to the great support of HBO, our Special Exhibits this year include a life-size replica of the Iron Throne from the HBO adaptation of George RR Martin's "A Game of Thrones". And you don't just have to admire the throne - you can sit on it, and you can take photos of it (occupied or unoccupied). So if you ever fancied yourself as ruler of the Seven Kingdoms - this is your chance!!