Film Festival - How to Enter
The Renovation Independent/Fan Film Festival will showcase the best film shorts, features
and trailers from around the world, specializing in the science fiction, fantasy, horror and
comic genres. The festival's motto is "A showcase for film makers to share their
works and for people to experience".
The Renovation Independent/Fan Film Festival is now closed to new entries. This page has been left online for information only. See the main page for the Festival schedule and the entries page for more details on the films and film-makers.
1. Films submitted should be in one of the following categories:
- Short Film (under 10 minutes)
- Short Film (under 30 minutes)
- Feature Film (over 30 minutes)
- Film Trailer
2. All films must be appropriate for all-ages audience. All films will be pre-screened by members of the Film Festival staff.
3. The submission must be accompanied by the official entry form (see below) and $20.00 (US) entry fee. Two (2) copies (separate discs) of the submitted film must be sent.
4. To be accepted; submitted films must be completely edited and in their final, completed form.
5. Entry fee covers one film and/or trailer by submitter. (An individual may submit more than one entry, but each must be accompanied by the relevant paperwork and entry fee).
6. Films can be live action, animation or a combination of both.
The Renovation Independent/Fan Film Festival entry form can be downloaded in PDF format by clicking here or on the thumbnail below.
All films must be postmarked by the entry deadline of July 1, 2011 and accompanied by a signed entry form, entry fee and any paperwork. Film makers with accepted entries will be notified around the beginning of August 2011. The complete schedule of films will appear on the Renovation website, and in the onsite film festival program book.
Please note that submitted films cannot be returned. Renovation reserves the right to use submitted content for promotional purposes.
Entries, including your DVDs and all paperwork, should be sent to:
Renovation 2011 Independent Fan Film Festival
PO Box 4718
West Richland, WA 99353
Film makers with accepted entries can download the logo below and place it on their websites and other publicity materials to promote both the Renovation Film Festival and their filmes, once they have been selected for presentation at the convention.
(This logo is also available as a larger, higher resolution TIFF format file for use in print publications).
There will be monetary awards for People's Choice, 1st & and 2nd places as well as specially designed Renovation Film Festival trophies and certificates.
For more information or any questions about the film festival please email Nat Saenz, Renovation Film Festival Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.