Memberships - Installment Plan
The Renovation Installment Plan scheme stopped accepting new applications on December 31, 2010. This page remains online for reference and to remind existing installment scheme members of the scheme terms and conditions.
The Renovation Installment Plan enables fans to spread the cost of an Attending membership over a number of smaller payments. Under the Plan, you buy a Supporting membership first and then pay the fee for conversion to Attending membership in a series of installments. The total charge for your Attending membership will be frozen at the time your application to join the plan is received and accepted.
The benefits of the plan are the lock-in of the conversion rate (protecting you against future rate increases) and the chance to spread your membership cost over an extend period.
Applications for our original installment plan scheme were accepted through to September 30, 2010. We then offered an extended installment plan scheme for people signing up between October 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010. Terms and Conditions for both schemes are detailed below.
Note that we are only able to provide Installment Plans for members paying in US$ by credit card or check to our office.
The terms of the original plan are as follows. These apply to anyone who registered for the Installment Plan prior to September 30, 2010.
- The Installment Plan is open to all new adult members, plus people who already hold a
Supporting membership. In all cases the plan will be put in place from the time we
accept your application. If you are not already a Supporter, please include your main
membership form and supporting membership fee along with your plan application.
- While you are on the plan, you can choose how much you pay, and when, but you must pay
a minimum of $30 each quarter.
- You must complete the plan (make all payments necessary to buy your Attending membership)
by no later than May 31, 2011.
- We will send out reminders / payment plan updates to you each quarter so that you know how
much you have paid so far and how much is still owing. You must provide us with an email
contact address so that we can stay in touch with you.
- You can pay your installments by credit card or by check mailed to our US office. For
credit card plans, please provide your credit card authorization when completing the
application form. For check plans, it is up to you to ensure that your quarterly payments
reach us on time.
- Installment Plan members can immediately pay their outstanding balance at any time whilst
they are in the Plan to become full Attending members.
- You cannot transfer the membership to someone else until it is paid in full, however
you can pay the remaining balance on a membership and then immediately transfer it.
- If you want to drop out of the Plan, we will refund all payments apart from the initial
supporting membership fee, and you will be a Supporting member of Renovation.
- If you fail to make a quarterly payment, we will contact you. You may choose to leave
the plan and have your conversion payments refunded, or stay on the plan. If you stay on the
plan, you will lose the benefits of the "lock-in" conversion rate, and your total conversion
fee will be reset to the rate in force at the time. Your existing payments will of course
continue to be credited towards your conversion.
- We also offer installment plans for purchasing family memberships - please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you would like to take up this option. The family plan works on the same basis
as the individual plan but with a minimum quarterly payment of $60.
The Extended Scheme is available for members registering for an installment plan between October 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010. Terms are as above, excepting as follows:
- For individual Adult members, payments shall be due as follows:
- $50 (Supporting membership, if you do not already have one) when you join the plan.
- $60 installment payment due on or before February 28, 2011.
- $70 final payment due on or before May 31, 2011.
- For Family memberships, payments shall be due as follows:
- $100 (2 x Adult Supporting memberships, if you do not already have them) when you join the plan.
- 50% of the Balance due on or before February 28, 2011.
- 50% of the Balance due on or before May 31, 2011.
- Our memberships team will send payment reminders out in mid-February and mid-May 2011 confirming the payments due at the end of the corresponding months.
Click here or on the picture to download a copy of the application form for the Extended Scheme.