Our Hotel block is now closed. See the main hotels page for suggestions if you still need to find a room for Renovation.
These pages have been left online for information only.
The four-star Peppermill Hotel is a great place to stay while attending Renovation. The hotel's Tuscany Ballroom will host the Masquerade on Friday night and the Hugo Award Ceremony on Saturday night. The Peppermill also has our largest room block (over 700 rooms in all) so you will always have plenty of friends around. There's also ten onsite restaurants to choose from includine 24-hour service at the coffee shop.
The Peppermill is a short walk down South Virginia St from the Convention Center - about 15 minutes at average pace - but to make things even more convenient we have laid on a convention bus shuttle that will operate continuously from 8 a.m. in the morning to 3 a.m. for late night party goers.
A recent visit to Reno also highlighted some other benefits that may well be on offer to Peppermill residents during the convention. When we checked in, along with the keys, we were given discount coupons for the spa, for 2-for-1 cocktails, and for several of the restaurants, as well as a coupon with $10 in promotional credit for the casino. Some or all of these promotions are likely to be on offer in August. If you're 55 or over, you will also have access to further discounts - see here for details, but the highlights for us were the 2-for-1 (or 25% off) deals at the breakfast and lunch buffets, which brought the price of those down to under $7 per person.
Full details on the Peppermill are available via its website at www.peppermillreno.com but we have brought the relevant information together on these pages for ease of reference.
Our main Peppermill block comprises over 700 rooms, the majority of which are in the main Peppermill Tower. As of early May, we still have 200 regular ($149) rooms left in the Peppermill Tower, and around 30 Standard Suites ($189) left in the Tuscany Tower. All higher level Suites are sold out, as are the lower cost rooms in the Montego Bay Wing.
- Regular rooms in the main Peppermill Tower Block are priced at $149 per night for single through quad occupancy.
- Suite prices start at just $159 per night for a Spa Suite in the main tower (390 sq ft) and $189 in the all-suite Tuscany tower, rising to $279 for a Villa Suite (1275 sq ft). As of May, we are sold out of suites apart from the Standard Suites in the Tuscany Tower.
- All of these rates include the mandatory resort fee (see below).
Room service is available on a 24 hour basis throughout the hotel.
The Peppermill charges a mandatory resort fee in return for full access to many amenities that would normally be separately charged. This fee is included in the rates quoted above and includes:
- High-speed Internet access (wireless in the Tuscany Tower, wired elsewhere)
- Unlimited Local, 800 and Toll free phone calls
- Valet and self parking.
If you are comparing the Renovation rates to those available through other channels, please bear in mind that the resort fee (normally $10 per night) will need to be added to the latter. The rates quoted on the Renovation website INCLUDE the resort fee, but exclude Nevada sales tax.
Now go to the Peppermill accommodation page for full room descriptions, photos and floor plans.
The Peppermill features ten on-site restaurants ranging from fine dining to 24 hour full service restaurants to lighter snacks and coffee shops. We have provided more information on our Peppermill Eating page including links through to the Peppermill's own website for full details on hours, menus and wine lists.
Choice isn't the only good thing about eating at the Peppermill. The dining options include real quality - as shown by the many awards the restaurants there have received. These include Reno's Best Seafood, as well as Nevada Magazine's Best Gourmet Restaurant, Best Italian Restaurant and Best Coffee Shop. Another key requirement for fans is of course long hours - and the Peppermill Coffee Shop has full service, 24 x 7 for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Of course, as with all the Peppermill amenities, the eating options also come with amazing atmosphere, as you will see from the pictures below. This isn't just food - this is event dining!
The Peppermill has a great range of amenities covering both the practical and the little (and not-so-little) luxuries of life. On the practical side, members will benefit from free airport shuttles, with a journey time of around 10 minutes from the airport, and free parking for those who are driving or renting a car during their stay,
On the luxury side, the hotel offers free cabaret in the casino area, as well as a variety of headliners (tickets required) in the new Tuscany Events Center. However, we think fans are more likely to be attracted to the pools, fitness center and the amazing new Spa Toscana. (The pools and fitness center are free to all residents while the Spa is separately priced).
- Soak up the sun and enjoy a refreshing swim in one of the two outdoor pools, with three jacuzzis, many comfortable cabanas and pool side dining in a beautiful Tuscan environment. Open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The 6,600 sq ft fitness center includes free weights, cable machines, over 25 pieces of cardio equipment (including iPod docks!) and a lounge area.
- The Spa Toscana is one of the highlights of the Peppermill investment program - check out the Virtual Tour to see where the money has gone! As you might guess, the whole Spa is inspired by Roman baths, although the menu includes a full range of more contemporary options. Ever wanted to try a Volcanic Clay Purifying Wrap? Devine Salt Glow? Chardonnay Scrub? Now's your chance ...